- How to create a Google account (preliminary steps)
- How to open a YouTube channel
- How to see YouTube views
- How YouTube views work
How to create a Google account (preliminary steps)
If you want to understand how YouTube views work, know that I can help you and explain it to you in detail. Before proceeding, however, it is necessary to clarify some fundamental preliminary issues: in fact, I must first explain to you how to create a YouTube channel. Only once you have a channel on Youtube and you have published videos there, will you be able to view the statistics and views section for the published videos.
Also you must know that to create a channel on YouTube you need to have a Google account in order to be able to access all the services of the Mountain View giant, including YouTube itself.
Creating a Google account is a fundamental preliminary procedure; consequently, if you have not yet created it, I suggest you read my guide dedicated to the subject, in which I explain step by step how to do it.
How to open a YouTube channel
Opening a YouTube channel is a very simple operation that does not require any technical skills and can be performed via the Web version of the social network or even via the YouTube application or for Android or iOS. In the following lines I will explain to you step by step how you will have to proceed.
First of all, if you intend to act via a web browser, you must visit the official YouTube website and then press the button Log in which is located at the top right.
Now, to proceed, you will need to log in with the access data of the Google account you created earlier. Then enter the email address or phone number in the appropriate text field that you will see on the screen and then press the button NEXT. Then enter the password for your account by pressing again on NEXT I will continue.
Once you have logged in to Youtube through your Google account, you can begin the first stages of creating your own Yotube channel. To do this you will need to click on your photo or on the symbol of a little man located in the upper right corner, in case you have not yet customized your Google account.
From the drop-down menu that you will see on the screen, then click on the item My channel. You will then be prompted to proceed with customizing your YouTube channel.
Then indicate your name and surname and press the button Create channel. Alternatively, if you do not want to give your first and last name to your YouTube account, click on the entry Use a company or other name. You will then be able to choose a fancy name and create the channel by clicking on the button Crea.
If, on the other hand, you want to create a YouTube channel through the video sharing platform application available for Android and iOS, you will first have to start the app and press the button Log in with Google.
Once you have logged in with the Google account registered previously, tap on your photo or on the icon with the symbol of a little man located at the top right and then, from the drop-down menu that you will see on the screen, do tap on the item My channel.
At this point you will be asked to proceed in a very similar way to what is indicated in the previous lines. Then indicate your first and last name to create a YouTube channel based on your name and then press the button Create Channel to confirm your choice.
You will not be able to create a YouTube channel with an invented name via the YouTube application for Android or iOS.
How to see YouTube views
Clearly, to be able to see the views on YouTube you need to have uploaded videos to the channel. Consequently, once you have successfully created your YouTube channel you will need to start using it to publish videos within the platform.
To do this, if you are working from the Web version of the platform, just press the button with the up arrow symbol to upload your video to the platform.
As for the uploading of videos from the YouTube application for Android and iOS, you will have to act by pressing the button with the symbol of a video camera to record a video on the spot or import it from the media library
For more information about it, I refer you to reading my guide completely dedicated to the topic in which I explained in detail how to upload videos to YouTube.
To see views of previously uploaded videos, click on your photo or symbol of a little man situated at the top right and then click on the item Creator Studio.
You will then be able to view the section dedicated to your YouTube channel: the video views may already be visible in the section Dashboard: then click on the item Show all at Analytics). Alternatively, access this section by clicking on the entry Analytics from the side menu.
How YouTube views work
If you want to know in detail how YouTube views work, you need to take the time to explore the section in detail Analytics in question.
So pay attention to the side menu items; there are numerous items such as for example Real-Time, Watch Time Reports, Watch Time, Audience Retention, Demographics, Viewing Locations, Traffic Sources and much more.
By clicking on the menu items in question you will be able to view detailed statistics for each section. To see YouTube views you can also use the filter located at the top. Through the search engine Search Content e Search Location in fact, you can search for a specific video to see its views.
In the drop-down menu located on the side, the visualization of the statistics with the item is preset Every 28 days; by clicking on it you can change this choice.
All menu items located in the left sidebar are clickable and show different parameters for channel or single video views. I'll explain them in detail in the following lines:
- Overview: it is a generic section that shows the panoramic trend of the YouTube channel in a pre-established or customizable period of time. Shows a summary of the channel presenting the main data to consider.
- In real time: it is a section that updates in real time showing the videos that the public is watching.
- Watch time reports: it is a specific section that deals with visualizations and includes a number of very important sub-sections.
- Display time: is the estimate of the total minutes of viewing of your content by the public.
- Public loyalty: includes data such as duration and average view percentage.
- Demographics: Displays the demographics of viewers in a comprehensive manner.
- Viewing locations: indicates the page or site where the videos were watched.
- Traffic sources: indicate what means by which viewers found your videos.
- devices: indicates the most used devices for watching your videos.
- Live streaming: is an analysis section for views of past live streams.
- Translations: this section indicates whether any translations have been used during viewing, such as subtitles, if any.
- Interaction reports: it is a very important section that concerns the interactions with the channel and with the videos, analyzing the subscribers, the votes in the videos and the comments.
- Subscribers: shows the growth or decrease of subscribers to the channel.
- "I like" and "I don't like": shows the growth or decrease of "likes" and "dislikes" for videos.
- Videos in playlists: is about adding or removing videos from playlists.
- Comments: shows the growth or decrease of comments in videos.
- Sharing: indicates the trend of shares for videos.
- Annotations: shows complete statistics for video annotations, if any.
- Cards: shows the complete statistics for the cards present in the videos, if any.
So my advice, if you want to understand more in detail how YouTube views work, is to upload several videos. Only when your channel has been launched for some time and you have a decent audience, will you be able to evaluate in detail the performance of your channel, through these sections that I told you about the tool Analytics.How YouTube views work